Are you not satisfied with Vimeo OTT pricing? Well, there is no compulsion to use Vimeo for OTT business as there are multiple alternatives to Vimeo VOD/OTT in the market.
Vimeo is a popular name in the OTT industry and caters to the video streaming needs of business owners. Vimeo OTT solution (VHX) has made a name for itself over the years and has marked the beginning of OTT platforms. With Vimeo VOD (Video on Demand) platform, you can monetize video content without the need of any social media site like YouTube. Viewers are preferring an OTT platform to consume video content due to more flexibility.
Vimeo VOD platform was launched in 2004 and has remained the first choice of many OTT-business owners since then. Recently, Vimeo is targeting the B2B sector and providing reliable OTT solutions. Previous users have given good Vimeo VOD reviews as it has helped them in launching their OTT business.
Some key features of the Vimeo OTT / VOD platform are as follows:
- Robust Video Player: Vimeo offers a customizable video player with various features. You can add subtitles, dual audio, and many other features to the Vimeo video player. Due to the seamless viewing experience provided by Vimeo, business owners prefer to use it for their OTT business plan.
- Reliable CMS: CMS (Content Management System) of Vimeo lets you upload and modify your OTT content without any technical knowledge. Easy upload and modification of video content help business owners in connecting to their audience.
- Revenue Models: Vimeo offers multiple revenue models to OTT-business owners. You can choose between subscription, transactional, and pay-per-view revenue models with Vimeo.
- Live Streaming Solution: Besides publishing pre-recorded video content, you can live stream videos with the Vimeo OTT solution. Live streams are known to provide higher reach and viewer engagement.
- User Migration: The professionals of Vimeo will help you in migrating your OTT platform. You can contact Vimeo to terminate your OTT platform for any other provider and convert it as per Vimeo’s standards.
- Brand Creation: Vimeo is a white-label platform provider that implies one can build their OTT brand with Vimeo. With various customizable options, Vimeo lets you build an OTT brand from scratch. Various Vimeo OTT competitors provide a white-label OTT solution.
Top 7 Vimeo OTT Alternatives and Competitors in 2022:
1. CONTUS VPlayed
CONTUS VPlayed has provided OTT solutions to more than 100 streaming businesses around the globe. It is a white-label platform provider and can help you with special requirements for your OTT business.
Key Features of VPlayed:
- Highly Customizable: Whatever your OTT business requirements are, you can customize VPlayed according to it. VPlayed guarantees to provide 100% customization as per your OTT business needs.
- Self-hosting: You will have complete control of your content with CONTUS. You can host streaming services via your in-house servers with VPlayed.
- Cloud Transcoding: CONTUS allows you to host videos on-demand via their cloud servers. You can easily transcode your video content into multiple formats with VPlayed.
- Reliable CMS: VPlayed is considered to be a Vimeo on-demand alternative due to its reliable content management system.
- Monetization Models: CONTUS VPlayed will provide you with 6+ monetization models for your OTT streaming business.
- High-end Analytics: Analytical insights provided by VPlayed will help you in making better OTT-business strategies.
Related: YouTube Alternatives
Dacast is a SaaS (Streaming as a Service) platform that can cater to your OTT business needs.
Key Features of Dacast:
- Bulk Uploading: Dacast lets you upload on-demand videos in bulk via its reliable CMS.
- Nonstop Live Streaming: Dacast is primarily a live streaming platform that broadcasts VOD content. With Dacast, you can live stream videos 24*7.
- Unlimited Viewers: Dacast help you in broadcasting an unlimited number of live channels simultaneously. There is no restriction on the number of viewers to your live videos when it comes to Dacast.
- Revenue Techniques: Dacast is one of the major Vimeo OTT competitors as it provides multiple monetization models.
3. IBM Video Cloud
IBM Video Cloud is another platform provider that comes in silver, gold, platinum, and custom pricing models.
Key Features of IBM Video Cloud:
- High Compatibility: It is compatible with various devices irrespective of their screen size and bandwidth.
- User Engagement: You can introduce live chat, Q&A session, and other engagement techniques in the video player provided by IBM Video Cloud.
- Reliable CDNs: IBM Video Cloud will give you access to numerous CDNs (Content Delivery Networks) that will ensure a wide reach.
- QoS: QoS (Quality of Service) feature of IBM Video Cloud helps in adaptive bitrate streaming. QoS aids in switching between CDNs to provide the best viewing experience.
Also Read: Best Video Editing Apps for iPhone
More than a thousand organizations use the online video platform provided by Kaltura. If you are not satisfied with Vimeo OTT pricing, you can try Kaltura for your video streaming needs.
Key Features of Kaltura:
- Multiple Use Cases: You can use the cloud TV platform of Kaltura for meetings, webinars, education, entertainment, and many other purposes.
- APIs and SDKs: Kaltura offers APIs and SDKs for streaming live videos or pre-recorded videos.
- Analytics & Security: High-end analytics provided by Kaltura will help you in knowing about your viewers. The enhanced security features of Kaltura make it a reliable on-demand streaming platform provider.
- Content Management: Kaltura offers a centralized CMS for publishing, modifying, and distributing video content. The reliable CMS of Kaltura will let you manage entitlements, transcoding profiles, and metadata easily.
5. JW Player
JW Player helps organizations in connecting to their audience on any type of screen. The diverse use cases of JW Player make it one of the Vimeo on-demand alternatives.
Key Features of JW Player:
- High Compatibility: JW Player will provide a seamless playback on numerous devices. JW Player can help in broadcasting videos on websites, mobile applications, or smart TVs.
- Quality Ad Support: JW Player will provide you with industry-oriented ad support to maximize your revenue.
- Faster video Delivery: JW Player can help you in broadcasting on-demand videos quickly without any hassles. It can also provide on-demand videos at a smaller size than the original based on the viewing device.
- Viewer Engagement: JW Player will provide you with specialized engagement products like article matching and recommendations. Engagement products of JWPlayer show the most relatable content from your library on the front to increase viewer engagement.
Uscreen is among the top Vimeo on-demand competitors. You can build, launch, and regulate a profitable on-demand video platform with Uscreen.
Key Features of Uscreen:
- Numerous Use Cases – Uscreen can be used for various sectors like eLearning, fitness, entertainment, and spirituality. Its diverse use cases cater to organizations involved in different sectors.
- Multiple Devices: With Uscreen, you can launch native OTT applications for mobile devices and smart TVs.
- Video Marketing: Uscreen can help you with forming a video marketing strategy for your brand/business. Digital marketing or social media marketing can be conducted easily with Uscreen.
- High-end Analytics: The analytical insights provided by Uscreen can help you in generating leads. You can convert customers by providing them with what they need based on analytical insights.
You May Like: Best Video Editing Software for Beginners
Brightcove is one of the popular Vimeo live streaming alternatives. From entertainment to eCommerce, various industries use Brightcove for connecting to their audience.
Key Features of Brightcove:
- Seamless Viewing Experience: Brightcove will provide an uninterrupted viewing experience to your customers. By minimizing breakage instances, Brightcove provides an HD playback quality.
- Third-party Integration: Brightcove is highly compatible with third-party tools. It lets you integrate third-party marketing tools or content management systems for better results.
- Enhanced Ad Performance: With effective server-side ad insertion, Brightcove will help you in improving the ad delivery.
- Video Engagement: Brightcove will provide you with various interactivities like a countdown timer, companion ads, and others. It will help in increasing viewer engagement significantly.
- IBM Watson Media Alternatives | Best OTT App Builders
- Rabbit Alternatives
- Creative Ways to Use Screen Recorded Videos in Marketing
This was all about Vimeo on-demand vs VPlayed, Brightcove, and other platform providers. You should choose a white-label platform provider to build and launch your OTT platform from scratch. It is better to compare the pricing, specifications, and tech stack of various OTT platforms before choosing one. Launch your OTT business with a reliable provider now!