Professionals and non-professionals look forward to enjoying the best of convenient and reliable image editing tools, especially one on their mobile devices. The handy applications can always fine-tune their images into picture-perfect! Professionals look for something more advanced in designing and image enhancement software like Picmonkey and its alternatives offer. On that note, this article will take you to the top 11 PicMonkey alternatives that you can use as per you needs and budget.
What is PicMonkey?
PicMonkey is an image-editing and design service application that offers photo transformation equipment and acts as a branding tool, marketing tools such as Facebook and YouTube with its innumerable graphics, font styles, and templates many more.
The software also offers a seven days free trial. After that, you will have to buy any of the three plans viz. Basic ($7.99/month), Pro ($12.99/month), and Team ($33.99/month).
You can also look for some relatively free PicMonkey alternatives or something even better with that in mind. Let us have a glance.
Here Are the 11 Best PicMonkey Alternatives in 2022:
1. Adobe Lightroom
Adobe Lightroom is an on-the-go, cloud-based PicMonkey alternative that lets you edit and create superb quality images. It also helps you organize them, store, and share them across several platforms with ease.
It offers cloud storage of 20GB, 1TB, and more depending on your need.
Features of Adobe Lightroom
- It offers ease of photo editing with its brilliant set of tools and AI-based Adobe Sensei technology.
- Adobe Lightroom also provides Photo Storage and Management.
- Another essential element is the Lightroom presets, wherein you can learn and find inspiration from your fellow peers in the community.
- It has robust color controls with the Color Grading tools.
- Adobe Lightroom enables iPad integration, and thereby to-and-fro sharing is not much of a task.
- You can also enjoy its 7-day free trial before you decide on purchasing the plan.
- It offers in-app tutorials.
- It supports plugins too.
Adobe Lightroom Pricing
You can buy the basic Lightroom plan at $9.99/month, which offers you 1TB cloud storage, social media tools access, and free access to-and-from your portfolio website. For details, you can look here.
2. Luminar 4
If you are looking for a revolutionary app that helps you edit pictures brilliantly, go for Luminar 4. One of the most intelligent photo editors in the industry, this PicMonkey alternative, is nothing short of a breakthrough because of its smart use of AI. It is known for its creative transformation of non-destructive RAW & JPEG files and the intelligent retouching facility.
Features of Luminar 4
- It offers a plugin for Mac and Windows PC.
- Supports RAW images to help you create masterpieces in Landscape, Portrait, Travel, and several other photography genres.
- The interface welcomes any user- from a learned expert to a novice. Just launch the app and begin working.
- No subscription is required.
- Luminar 4 offers 24×7 support and free maintenance updates.
- The most exciting attribute is its AI Sky Replacement tool, enabling you to change a picture’s mood in seconds.
- Other interesting features are its AI Skin Enhancer and Portrait Enhancer.
- It offers seven days free trial period.
Luminar 4 Pricing
Go for the Luminar 4 license for a single computer that works as a standalone and plugin, all at $67 only.
If you are looking for a free PicMonkey alternative, Pixlr is a good option for you. This image-editing app offers you many borders, overlays, effects, and filters to make your edits faster and easier.
Features of Pixlr
- It offers all standard, AI-based image editing tools.
- Pixlr is web-based.
- It also offers faster editing time, easier content creation, and easy background edits using state of the art AI tools.
- You can access more than a million stock content and enjoy unlimited downloads of its design content with its Creative subscription plan ($14.99/month).
- Enjoy your 30 days free trial.
If you are looking for upgrading your free Pixlr X or E version, buy the Premium plan at $4.90 monthly and enjoy the ad-free experience.
If you wish for an alternative to PicMonkey that is free and is meant exclusively for Windows, Paint.NET is perfect for you. It is a raster graphics editor application developed by NET Framework for Microsoft Windows to replace MS Paint initially.
Features of Paint.NET
- It works on Windows 7 and later models.
- Paint.NET has a simple and intuitive UI.
- Some of the popular features are blending modes, filters, unlimited undo, layers, etc.
- Paint.NET offers quite many tutorials and plugins.
- Also, it lets you add texts along with graphics to your photos.
It is entirely free. Just launch the app and get started.
Short for GNU Image Manipulation Program, GIMP is an open-source, free image-editing application program. This free PicMonkey alternative works on Windows, Linux, Mac, and many other OS.
Features of GIMP
- It is suitable for varied users such as illustrators, professional photographers, graphic designers, or scientists.
- GIMP offers sophisticated tools and flexibility to turn your work into art with its High-Quality Photo Manipulation retouching facility.
- It supports multi-language programming, viz. C, C++, Python, etc.
- Best used in workflows, integrated with other free software such as Inkscape, Scribus, etc.
It is entirely free.
If you have a thing for Instagram or other social media posting, Fotor is an excellent PicMonkey alternative for you. It offers a wide variety of image retouching, resizing, and filtering with its smart and interactive UI.
Features of Fotor
- It offers you to organize and create slots for your pictures into social media, web templates, and collages.
- Fotor offers Beauty Maker, Banner Maker, Collage, Portrait Beauty, and designing.
- You can be creative when it comes to Facebook cover pages, posters, photo cards, and YouTube banners & ads with Fotor and its preset templates.
- Fotor offers design tools, fonts, shapes, and stickers.
- There are hundreds of tutorials and articles to guide you.
- It is available on Google Play and App Store and works on Mac, PC, and as a mobile app.
Buy the Fotor Pro at $$8.99/month or $39.99/year and enjoy the best of advanced editing features without ads.
Looking for a free alternative to PicMonkey but with a slicker UI? Ribbet is one for you. With more than a thousand effects, Ribbet offers you to edit photos both on desktop and mobile.
Features of Ribbet
- The Shape Collage Maker helps you arrange several pictures into an artwork.
- The Grid Collage Maker can merge hundreds of collage layouts, which is customizable.
- Ribbet offers you a plethora of Fancy card templates along with a stock of fonts, layers, and graphics.
- You can find it on both Google Play and App Store.
- You can also avail of the free trial for 14 days.
You can upgrade Ribbet to the premium version at $3.33/month and enjoy the vast pro features.
If you are looking for the best of both worlds, i.e., both basic and advanced editing features, FotoJet is a PicMonkey alternative available for free. It is available on Mac and Windows.
Features of FotoJet
- It is easy-to-use and requires no registration.
- FotoJet offers powerful editing tools for designing, editing, and collaging.
- It has several resources, a rich templates range, and DIY graphic design tools to provide.
- FotoJet also has a premium plan.
- You can enjoy a free trial of 7 days before subscribing to FotoJet Plus.
Upgrade to the Plus version at $6.99/month or $39.99/year and enjoy 500MB of storage along with advanced editing tools.
If you are looking for an all-in-one image-editor, Colorcinch is a free PicMonkey alternative that offers photo editing tools along with a library of presets, graphics, etc.
Features of Colorcinch
- Along with being an image-editor, Colorcinch is also a cartoonist and photo art creator.
- You can export images at high resolution up to 400 DPI giving your printouts a professional outlook.
- No registration is required.
- There is no steep learning curve and is not at all time-consuming.
- Just save, share, and also let it organize for you.
- Colorcinch offers 50000 vector graphics and icons.
- You can also upgrade to the Colorcinch Plus plan.
Upgrade to Colorcinch Plus at $5.99/month or $47.88/year and enjoy the plus features with unlimited projects.
If you are a non-professional with no prior Photoshop experience, LightZone stands up to be an easy PicMonkey alternative in the market. It is an open-source darkroom software application offering all the necessary features for free.
Features of LightZone
- It works on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- LightZone offers tools for red-eye correction, noise reduction, white balance, and color balance.
- It also enables undo-edits and background change, format change, and image metadata to change with the help of AI.
- No registration is required.
- LightZone supports RAW images and allows exporting them across various platforms.
The license is freely available.
If you are looking for a web-based designing tool similar to PicMonkey and Canva at affordable prices, try DesignCap today. You can also use DesignCap for free with some limitations. It works smoothly on any latest browser installed on your Laptop or Desktop.
Features of DesignCap
- Thousands of customizable templates to create mesmerizing designs
- Library of free stock photos & illustrations
- Add images, text, map, background instantly
- Easy to create projects (presentations, posters, flyers, logos, resumes, reports, etc) without a steep learning curve
You can enjoy the FREE plan forever. But if you want more features, you can upgrade to the DesignCap plus account. You can go for the Basic Plan ($ 4.99/month, $59.88/year), or the Plus Plan ($ 5.99/month, $ 71.88/year) You can choose the best suitable plan as per your requirements.
If you are looking for a free PicMonkey alternative? Think about your budget and needs. On which platform do you want to use your photo editing software? Do you need additional cloud space? Do you want a lifetime subscription or a temporary plan? Once you have answered all these, all you have to do is choose one of the above 11 best PicMonkey alternatives.