Are you looking for the best alternative for Guru? Guru is an enterprise wiki software solution that helps with your company’s workflow. Guru has been widely used across nations to help businesses by providing a high-quality knowledge base. Though Guru is a great tool, every company is unique, and it may not suit your business in one way or the other. If you are here, it means you’re probably looking for a Guru alternative and so we have compiled a list of competitors.
Why Should You Look for an Alternative to Guru?
Guru is a great tool for businesses and employees can make the best use of it. It is an internal knowledge base that helps in team collaboration and workflow management. Just like two sides of a coin, there are a few limitations. The main thing is that it is an internal knowledge base and there’s no option to create a public knowledge base or a self-service center for customers. Secondly, the search function is not that effective, and it has very limited integration.
In case you are wondering what are the other alternatives for Guru, here are some alternatives that are carefully researched and listed based on the price, features, and other important criteria.
Top 10 Guru Alternatives and Competitors in 2023:
From the pool of competing knowledge base software, we have tried our best to list the top 10 Guru alternatives in this article. Let’s have a look at some of the affordable yet unique knowledge management tools available.
Document360 is one of the best knowledge base platforms you would see out in the market. It is an easy-to-use tool with rich features, a secure platform and offers you the flexibility to be both private and a public knowledge base. Whether you want to have an internal private knowledge base or a customer self-service knowledge base. Document360 has got you covered by providing exceptional service to writers and editors. With features like Markdown and WYSIWYG editor along with powerful analytics, Document360 provides excellent branding and customization options to offer your customers the best user experience.
Features of Document360:
- Document360’s search feature gives instant results for what you are searching for
- The category manager helps you to organize your articles and rearrange them if you want
- The Markdown text editor offers various formatting styles to create the content on your own
- Performance analytics, with its intuitive dashboard, lets you know the traffic for your articles and much more
- It has a single sign-on option that is secure and saves time
- Integration and Extension like Slack, Microsoft Teams, Zendesk, Freshdesk, Zapier and Integrately automates your work in no time
- Versioning allows you to check the history of changes for each article
- Startup – $49/project/month
- Business – $149/project/month
- Enterprise – $299/project/month
- Enterprise plus – Custom plan
If you are looking for a Guru alternative, Document360 would be your go-to tool that comes with amazing features, and a 14-day free trial.
Bloomfire is another Guru alternative and centralized cloud-based knowledge base. With AI-powered search, it helps your team members to work faster with a hassle-free experience of gathering information. It has a visually appealing format and a good collaboration option which improves the user experience. The price is affordable but limited to just one user.
Features of Bloomfire:
- A variety of options are provided to brand your knowledge base with community branding
- The knowledge base offers built-in analytics to give you powerful and helpful insights to optimize your content
- You can seamlessly integrate your knowledge base with a variety of apps
- The AI-powered search feature makes search easier
- Basic – $25/user/month
- Enterprise – Custom price
See Also: Best Free Project Management and Productivity Apps
Helpjuice has a lot of features that you need to create a knowledge base. You can create both an internal and external knowledge base. With an intuitive dashboard and actionable insights, it helps your business in taking the right decisions to improve your knowledge base. The pricing might be a bit high when compared to other alternatives.
Features of Helpjuice:
- Helpjuice provides unlimited editing options where you can play with the features and create a unique knowledge base
- It provides a lot of customization features, and you can create anything you want based on your organization’s policies
- Its instant google-like search shows instant results
- Starter – $120/month
- Run-up – $200/month
- Premium limited – $289/month
- Premium unlimited – $369/month
ProProfs is again a secure platform for both private and a public knowledge base. The out of the box features are simple and easy to use for the users. It provides a self-help experience for its users and reduces customer support tickets to a great extent. It supports integration with your favorite apps that come with an integration guide. Features like smart ticket operations and internal notes are a great way to help users. One more interesting thing is that Proprofs comes with a free version with limited features as well.
Features of ProProfs:
- Improves team collaboration by offering various roles like admin, editor, contributor, etc.,
- Customization feature is a great add on to customize according to your brand
- The search engine is super-fast and throws instant results
- Free – 1 user
- Essentials – $10/user/month
- Premium – $15/user/month
See Also: Salesforce Integrations to Level Up Sales and Marketing
Freshdesk is another knowledge management tool that offers a knowledge base, chat to help with customer queries, and help desk support. Automating workflow and 24*7 customer support makes it unique. It has a lot of feature updates occasionally which is interesting. The tool is free from technical glitches which are told by many of the Freshdesk users. Along with that, it offers a lot of easy-to-use customization and integration options. Freshdesk also comes with a free version that offers limited features.
Features of Freshdesk:
- Freshdesk allows integration with various tools which makes the work easier
- AI-powered chat responds to simple customer queries automatically
- The scheduling dashboard reduces downtime and helps in scheduling appointments if any
- Free – Limited features
- Growth – $13/user/month
- Pro – $48/user/month
- Enterprise – $76/user/month
6. Zoho Desk
Zoho Desk support desk platform with its wonderful analytics and reports helps you increase the service you provide to your customers. This tool allows you to collaborate with other team members, integrate with your favorite apps, and some advanced features with the support of AI. Multi-channel communication is one of its best features. The tool is simple and easy to use for users. Zoho Desk also offers you a free version with limited features.
Features of Zoho Desk:
- Lots of customized features make the work easier
- Its Live chat support has helped a lot of customers solve their queries with ease
- Its multi-department feature creates separate departments and ensures that the entire customer service is organized
Zoho Desk Pricing:
- Free– Limited features
- Standard – $10/user/month
- Professional – $18/user/month
- Enterprise – $32/user/month
Zendesk is an online knowledge management tool that provides you with a solution for team collaboration, help desk, and much more. It offers some cool features, automation, and integrations. Although the features with Zendesk are robust and some users have said that the integrations feature is not easy to use. Zendesk comes with various pricing models based on the size of the team and the number of users.
Features of Zendesk:
- Multi chat support offers customer support in various platforms like mail, social media, Live chat, phone etc.,
- The service level agreement enables the user to measure a support ticket’s status
- Macros offer a personalized response for recurring customer queries
- Suite team – $49/user/month
- Suite growth – $79/user/month
- Suite professional – $99/user/month
See Also: Best Zendesk Alternatives and Competitors
Confluence is one of the biggest knowledge management tools like Guru. It comes with several templates, checklists, road maps, and many more options. Seamless integration and a wide range of plugins are a big plus.
There’s also a free version that comes with limited features. But many knowledge base users find that the price is too heavy which comes along with its extensive features.
Features of Confluence:
- One of the interesting features is that it offers cross-organizational collaboration
- It provides hassle-free file sharing
- It offers more than 75 customizable templates
- Jira integration helps you integrate with your applications
- Free – Limited features
- Standard – $50/month
- Premium – $100/month
- Enterprise – Custom price
Slite, an internal knowledge base tool, is designed especially for internal teams, with a good collaboration feature. It guides you to create a wonderful knowledge base with all your internal needs. It is perfect for any kind of documentation you would prefer to create with intuitive features. It also comes with a free version that has limited features to try.
Features of Slite:
- It provides easy-to-use editing access with the right amount of formatting features
- With Slite integrations you can plug into various tools and apps
- Provides real-time internal communication
- Free – Limited features
- Standard – $6
- Premium – $12
See Also: Free Image Generation APIs
HelpDocs offers you both an internal and an external knowledge base. It gives you a seamless experience of creating a self-service experience for your customers. It helps in driving down your support ticket queries and offers automated answers to guide customers. If you require a lot of customization features, you can consider this as your Guru alternative tool.
Features of HelpDocs:
- The editors are very easy, and it is based on WYSIWYG
- The analytics show you the traffic and trend
- Powerful integrations with Slack, Intercom, Google Chrome etc.,
- Start – $49/month
- Build – $99/month
- Grow – $199/month
See Also: Cloudways Reviews (Pros and Cons) by Real Users
Guru is a wonderful knowledge base with great team collaboration and amazing features. Though it has a lot of benefits, it may not be the perfect tool you are looking for in some cases. As said already, every business is unique, and you might need a solution that best fits your business. Before deciding on which tool, you should go for, remember that no tool is designed to fit in with all your requirements. Make sure the tool you choose solves your problems and then you need to find out if that suits your price point, and if it is user-friendly.