Education is one of the largest growing sectors today. The operational phase combined with the advancement in technology and eCommerce is leading the tutoring software to grow multi-dimensional. Tutoring software helps in managing the operational aspect of an educational organization. It contains the lessons, the schedule, the platform wherein students interact with the tutors and access their classes and schedule online.
The tutoring management apps also help manage students’ invoices, payment processing, and other administrative functions, such as processing payroll and maintaining organizational data. Online tutoring software is a mere combination of students’ information systems and learning management systems. There is usually accounting software to go along in order to manage the back-office solutions.
In this article, we will go through the best tutoring software in 2022. In order to decide which one to go for, you need to make sure the following requirements are met:
- The platform is interactive and intuitive
- Manages a responsive calendar that handles scheduling for students
- Manages students’ billing and payments
- Offers a networking channel for student-tutor communication
- Notification alerts- to remind students about their schedule and payment dues, etc
Top 10 Online Tutoring Software (Free + Paid) in 2022:
1. Varsity Tutors
Varsity Tutors is a live learning platform and is regarded as one of the reliable online tutoring software in the market today. It offers private tutoring classes, test prep, virtual learning sessions for students and professionals, free learning tools, and one-on-one private and group tutoring through online virtual classrooms.
G2 reviews Varsity Tutors with 4.2/5 stars while TrustPilot gives it 4.9/5 based out of 5,548 reviews. Google Play shows the app has a 4.7 rating from 922 votes, and Apple’s App Store rates it 4.9/5 as per 25K reviews.
Features of Varsity Tutors:
- Varsity Tutors is often considered to be one of the best math tutoring software. Other than mathematics, the app offers several other subjects.
- The live classes are smart enough to provide interactive instructions and communication.
- Lessons offered are tailored as per the group or individual learner.
- The learning lab also provides lesson plans and adaptive assessments to improve each individual or group.
- The site focuses on meeting academic standards while helping students grow at their own pace.
- Online tutoring sessions
- Mobile tutoring app
- Instant tutoring service
- 1-on-1 private tutoring
Varsity Tutors Pricing:
You can get custom pricing by answering a set of questions on their website.
Eduflow is a versatile online tutoring software that offers an intuitive platform for interaction and effective communication among tutors and students. It is regarded to be one of the best free apps for online tutoring. It is ideal for corporate training and higher education. Moreover, it offers mobile access and learning through virtual classrooms, video conferencing, synchronous management, and asynchronous learning.
Capterra rates it with a 4.72-star rating owing to its excellent customer service and ease of use.
Features of Eduflow:
- Built-in LMS
- Content management
- Course tracking
- Document management
- Assessment management
- Academics & Business
Supports Offered by Eduflow:
- FAQs & forums
- 24/7 live reps
- Knowledge base
- Emails, and chats
- The training materials are provided is in the video, documentation, webinars, and an online format.
It offers a free trial period and a free version for you to decide wisely.
Eduflow’s plans begin from $100/month and have various other options of Free, Lite ($100/month), Pro ($400/month), and Premium. The Lite and Pro plans can accommodate up to 100-250 participants in a month. The Pro plans also allow you to use the API and customize it as per your suitability. The Premium version is ideal for larger institutions and corporate organizations.
Ubindi is a simple and intuitive booking and scheduling application for teachers and students. Known for its ease of use, Ubindi offers various supports for online teaching. The application is ideal for independent instructors and small studios, such as yoga, fitness, dance, language, cooking classes, etc.
Capterra gives it a 4.7 rating, best known for its simplicity and communication.
Features of Ubindi:
- Self-service portal
- Online/onsite registration
- Reminder system
- Payment processing
- Easy-to-use UI
- Interactive communication medium
- Deployment- It is SaaS, cloud-based software that is compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, Chromebook, mobile phones with Android or iOS, and iPads.
- Training is provided either online, in video, or the documentation.
Supports Offered by Ubindi:
- Scheduling appointments, automated scheduling
- Client management
- Membership management
- Tracking attendance and attendees
- Online booking and classes, class management
- Email marketing
Ubindi has a free version and premium versions. The Essential version starts from $10/month and offers unlimited access to widgets while lowering the platform fee from 5% to 2%. The free version accommodates up to 50 students and allows you to book online/in-person classes, create an on-demand video library, sell passes and memberships, etc.
ConexED is an online teaching software that offers an all-in-one platform. It helps in streamlining schedules, manages cases, manages chats and virtual meetings, indulges in advanced reporting, etc., on its intuitive platform.
ConexEd is also particularly popular for its ConexED Hub that bridges the gap between virtual and onshore platforms by streamlining the students’ paths, allowing smooth interaction between students and staff, and removing ambiguity.
GetApp rates it 4.7 out of 5 stars, while G2 gives it a 4.1 rating from 176 reviews.
It is a cloud-based engagement platform for students that enables lesson management, scheduling appointments, video conferencing, etc. Moreover, ConexED Business Intelligence helps in tracking and reporting that supports your business to grow and boost your profits.
ConexED allows requesting demo by filling the form on their website.
An online booking software, SimplyBook.me is one of the top online tutoring software that allows you to simply log in, easily schedule appointments by clients, get reminders, and smooth online payment. The software is ideal for small and medium-sized organizations.
Capterra and GetApp rated 4.6/5 stars while TrustPilot gave 4.7/5 reviews.
Feature of SimplyBook.me:
- It is ISO 27001 certified
- The app lets you accept bookings through the website or your mobile devices
- You can receive and set notification reminders via SMS and emails
- Accepting payment is now smooth and secure using several payment processors, such as Paypal and Stripe, taking cash on site, or even cards using the POS system
- The app is integrated with popular social media sites, such as Instagram, Facebook, WordPress, and other popular CMS. You can even use its API to customize your integrations
- Among a list of services it offers, SimplyBook.me is a tutoring management software that is available for free too
- Its innovative solution includes both the client app and admin app available on App Store and Google Play
- Coupons and gift cards
- Security features, such as HIPAA, SOAP, etc.
- Intake forms
- POS system
- Tickets, etc.
It offers a 14-days free trial period. The free version accommodates up to 50 bookings, while the Basic, Standard, and Premium allow up to 100, 500, and 2000 bookings per month. The cost ranges as per below-
- Basic: $8.25/month
- Standard: $24.9/month
- Premium: $49.9/month billed annually
TutorCruncher is a top-rated online tutoring software that manages tutoring lessons, tutors, payment channelization while saving your time and growing your business. The company is based in London and envisions supporting all tutoring businesses, from small teams to top market leaders.
It is rated 4.6 out of 5 by 127 Capterra reviews.
Features of TutorCruncher:
- Secured payment via credit and debit card channeling
- Payment reminders on time through automatic invoice reminder alerts or low balance notifications
- As a business person, TutorCruncher offers analytics and helps bring in new clients through its website and professional plugins.
- Its flexible billing system and lesson booking features boost revenue and help you book easier and faster profits.
- Also, the tutor management feature frees you from micromanagement. For instance, letting tutors set their schedule, complete the monthly timesheets, or write their respective tutoring profiles to help you attract new clients
- You can use the business analytics for lesson hours and help grow your business exponentially by managing multiple franchises under a single account
TutorCruncher offers a two-week free trial period. You can sign up and enjoy the free version, or contact them and get a demo. It follows a sensible pricing mechanism.
- For young companies, the cost ranges from $30 per month plus 1% of revenue and how it grows
- For startups, it is $80 per month plus 0.65% of the income and free training provision
- The Enterprise model, too, allows you to discuss and negotiate according to the business plan
7. Acuity Scheduling
Acuity Scheduling software is an online teaching software powered by Squarespace, Inc and it is available for free download. Its 24/7 client scheduling appointments, secure payment system, and complete intake forms are readily available on its website. It is a simple online scheduler that organizes your schedule, your client intel, and your availability. It is cohesive, user-friendly, and runs your business end-to-end.
Capterra gives it a 4.8/5-star rating, as noted from 4994 reviews.
Features of Acuity Scheduling:
- It allows your calendar to sync and thus, notifies you about all the new bookings
- Accepts online payment in integration with Paypal, Stripe, and Square
- Manages other goodies along with booking your appointments, such as gift cards, memberships, packages, and group classes
- You can even share your calendar on Facebook, Instagram, email, or your website
- It integrates video conferencing, automated text and email alerts, and Google Analytics
- The security is well endowed, thanks to HIPAA
Acuity Scheduling Pricing:
- Emerging Plan: it costs $14/month and accommodates one staff per location
- Growing Plan: The plan will cost you $23 per month and will allow six staff per location along with added privileges
- Powerhouse Plan: It costs $45 per month and allows up to 36 staff members along with advanced features
Visibook is an appointment scheduling software that gives you access anywhere, anytime, and from any device. Capterra rates Visibook with 4.5 stars from a total of 597 reviews.
Features of Visibook:
- Visibook enables to centralize all communication among students and faculty members
- It is a simple yet powerful appointment schedule software that comes in a handy application available on the App Store and Google Play store
- You can send automatic reminders to customers through SMS, emails, and push notifications on mobile devices
- You can stay connected with your customers on the app’s organized platform through emails and chats
- Whenever clients book you, they can pay you directly- the full-service charge or an optional payment amount according to the cancellation policy
- The app also syncs your Google Calendar and helps manage your work schedule. You can even share your calendar URL to help your clients book appointments online using the app or internet browser
- You can set up your availability using the Visibook software on your desktop or phone app to help customers book appointments with you
Supports Offered by Visibook:
- Chats and email
- Push notifications
- Text messages
It has a free version that allows 25 appointment bookings per month. The other three paid versions are-
- Basic: Costs $6.99 per month and allows booking up to 50 appointments
- Standard: The plan costs $13.99 and accommodates up to 100 appointments per month
- Unlimited: As the name suggests, there’s no cap to the number of appointment bookings. The plan will cost you $19.99 per month
You May Like: 16 Strategies to Make Online Classes Interesting
Vedamo is an interactive solution with collaborative web conferencing tools, virtual classroom facilities and allows you to conduct live classes regardless of your location. It is rated 4.6 by G2 as reviewed by 29 viewers.
Features of Vedamo:
- The web conferencing tool accommodates online whiteboard learning, breakout rooms, and screen sharing facilities.
- It offers a learning management system that creates and manages classes, schedules virtual and face-to-face sessions, maintains records, etc.
- The live interactive sessions run 24/7 that let you work simultaneously with up to 50 learners per session
- Vedamo offers a cloud-based platform with trusted freelance tutors, coaches, mentors, and consultants, all for the students’ access and support
- Vedamo reaches out to schools, universities, corporates, and other educational institutions
- Its interactive virtual classroom and learning management system make Vedamo the best online tutoring software in the market
You can go ahead and experience the free demo or try these paid plans:
- The virtual classroom starts from $25/month with an unlimited classroom session and 50 learners
- The LMS ranges around $43/month with unlimited publisher courses, lessons, quizzes, & tests
See Also: How Can I Study Well on Google?
Vectera is a cloud-based end-to-end encrypted online conferencing software known best for customer service, assisting sales, and four-room accessibility. Capterra gives a 4.8-star review, as noted by 98 viewers. Vectera is a top-rated online tutoring software known for its value, friendliness, and innovation.
Features of Vectera:
- You can create up to four rooms and enable unlimited one-on-one meetings
- You get to enjoy the private waiting rooms and end-to-end encrypted audio and videos
- Vectera allows the integration of Office 365 and Google Calendar and this lets you schedule meetings and makes appointments in one go
- There is also automatic time detection which lets the software detect your time zone automatically.
- Class scheduling
- Agenda management
- Action item tracking
- Electronic assignments and tests
- Team management
- Collaboration with Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox lets you integrate your work on the whiteboard, create documents, or make annotations
- API offers a simple and intuitive API that lets you organize and create meeting rooms with end-to-end encryption
- Chat and email support
- Adaptable for all devices
There is a free version and three different paid versions- Pro, Business, and Enterprise. The Pro plan starts from $9.99 per host per month, while the Business plan starts from $21.99 per host per month.
The freemium version allows up to four meeting rooms, powerful online collaboration, integrated scheduling, screen sharing, and co-browsing.
With the above top 10 online tutoring software open to your choice, you can pick out whichever is convenient for you and whichever suits your needs the best. Be it economical or technologically more advanced and, therefore, a tad pricey, it has to be worth your penny and time. Good luck choosing the best for yourself.