Who would not prefer a high technology gadget like an Intel Core i7 and i9 processors? However, that comes as expensive as possible. Keeping your budget in mind and your daily needs in hand, this article brings you a list of the best laptops with 8GB RAM and an i5 processor. You can go through each of their pros and cons along with the relevant features. You can decide by looking at the key points and whichever suits your needs best.
There is no denial about how expensive i7 and i9 processors are. Apart from the cost, heavy-duty processors demand CPU power and will affect performance bottlenecks due to throttling. The Intel Core i5 is a much more attractive and appealing option for performance, pricing, and power-draw. It considers your daily requirements, day-to-day needs and works smoothly even while playing popular games like PUBG and COD.
5 Best Laptops with 8GB RAM and i5 Processor in 2021:
1. Acer Nitro 5
If you are looking for a laptop with an 8GB RAM and i5 10th generation processor, Acer Nitro 5 is worth mentioning in the list. It has Intel’s i5 -10300H processor with a 15.6-inch FHD display (touchpad) screen, multiple ports, amazing designs, and a compliant battery.
Acer’s Nitro 5 is one of the most popular and trending gaming laptops today. It runs on Windows 10/11 OS and has a 256GB NVMe SSD, 8GB DDR4 SD RAM, 1 TB hard drive capacity, and weighs around 2.2 kilos. Its battery has a run time of a maximum of 9 hours. It runs on a Quad-core processor at a speed of 2.50 GHz.
Pros of Acer Nitro 5:
- One of the best gaming laptops you can find in the market today.
- The pricing is quite appealing and pocket-friendly.
- Has a powerful AMD CPU and high-resolution WQHD display.
- It has a decent battery backup life.
- Can accept up to three storage devices.
- The unit is smooth, sleek, and sturdy.
Cons of Acer Nitro 5:
- It weighs around 5.07 lbs and can be said to be on the heavier side.
- The refresh-rate technology isn’t impressive even with the 144 Hz refresh rate, which could be bothersome for an otherwise smooth gaming experience.
- The USB-C port does not support Thunderbolt 3 or 4.
See Also: How to Choose a Laptop for AutoCAD
2. HP 15
HP 15 is one of the best buys for laptops with an i5 processor, 8GB RAM, and a 1TB hard drive. It is known for its sleek design and great performance endurance. It runs on an eighth-gen quad-core Intel Core i5 CPU with Intel Iris Xe graphics and 15 inches of True vision HD video resolution.
With 256 SSD storage, it has multiple super speed USB-C port ports, 2 USB-A, and HDMI port facilities. The battery can run for 12 hours and has a fast-charging capability. The microphones are dual-array digital-based which offers advanced noise reduction features.
Pros of HP 15:
- It is lightweight and elegant.
- The laptop has an impressive HD Imagepad touchpad with thin bezels.
- It has a solid battery uptime.
- The sleek, eye-catching craftsmanship and ultramodern design make it an appealing purchase with excellent tactility.
Cons of HP 15:
- No touchscreen facility is available.
See Also: 15 Best Laptops | Top-Rated, All-Rounder Laptops
3. Asus Vivobook S14
In no particular order, Asus VivoBook S14 11th Gen can grab the position for one of the best laptops with an Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM, and 512GB SSD. It tuns on Windows 10 Home OS and has a free Windows 11 upgrade available.
The 11th Gen Intel Core i5 1137G7 processor runs at a speed of 2.4GHz and has a 14 inch HD resolution (1920×1080 pixels) display. It is ultra-slim and weighs only 1.4 kilos. Nvidia GeForce MX25 powers graphics.
Pros of Asus Vivobook S14:
- It is extremely lightweight and sleek.
- Offers multiple port facilities- 4 USB ports. I.e. 2 USB 2.0 ports, HDMI port, Headphone and Mic Combo jack ports, and multi-card slot.
- Has an amazing battery life- up to 50 hours and 12 hours of battery life.
- Has a 2GB dedicated graphic memory.
- It offers 5.0 Bluetooth connectivity.
Cons of Asus Vivobook S14:
- The bottom speakers are a tad disappointing.
- The laptop is ideal for bingeing, browsing, and serving your day-to-day needs. But it is not meant for high graphics demanding tasks or gaming standards.
4. Apple MacBook Pro
It is worth bringing a MacBook into the picture while curating a list of the best laptops with i5 processors. Apple MacBook Pro is best for personal or business purposes. With a 10th generation Intel Core i5 processor, 13.3-inch retina display, 16GB RAM, and 1TB SSD, the MacBook is a dream come true and extraordinary.
MacBook Pro is ideal if you are looking for a high-end laptop with an i5 processor, stunning display, and the best of macOS. It can run up to 15 hours and has a Lithium Polymer battery. There are multiple ports; 4 Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type C) ports with support for charging, DisplayPort Thunderbolt, and USB 3.1 Gen 2.
Pros of Apple MacBook Pro:
- It has a magnificent backlit keyboard with 78 (US) or 79 (ISO) keys, along with ambient light sensors and a force touch keypad.
- The laptop comes with a Touch ID sensor.
- Provides amazing speakers with a 3-mic array and directional beamforming.
- It weighs barely 2.8 pounds.
Cons of Apple MacBook Pro:
- No provision for Face ID login.
- The screen bezel is larger than many Windows alternatives.
- No SD card slot.
- No support for WiFi 6.
Also Check: Why Is AMD Ryzen Cheaper than Intel?
5. Mi Notebook 14 XMA1901-FL
Last but not nowhere least, Mi’s Notebook 14 is one of the best laptops with an i5 10th generation processor. It has a 14 inch HD antiglare display with a 178 degree wide viewing angle. Along with i5, it comes with 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD. Windows 10 is preinstalled and has a 46Wh battery running up to 10 hours of uptime.
Pros of Mi Notebook 14 XMA1901-FL:
- It is thin, sleek, and ultra-light.
- Has a good trackpad and keyboard.
- The display is fabulous with an impressive 3.2K display along with great build quality.
- It is travel-friendly.
Cons of Notebook 14 XMA1901-FL:
- The speakers are a tad disappointing.
You May Like:
With the top five laptops with i5 10th generation processors curated in the article; you can now decide to keep your needs and budget in hindsight. None of the above devices will burn your pocket, nor will lag in betraying your time and quality for services. The processors are superb, fast, efficient, and reliable, not to mention easy on the pocket too. Let’s hope the list helps you choose wisely.