Malwarebytes protects your PC from basic to the most advanced online threats. But, if for some reason you are looking beyond Malwarebytes, this article will grab the eleven alternatives to Malwarebytes that are trending in the market today. It will guide you through its description, pros, and cons, and tell you about its pricing. Before moving forward, let’s understand a few important things.
While your life revolves around technology and gadgets, it is important to remember about safety and privacy. And precaution is always better than treatment. When it comes to devices such as your phone, tablet, PC or laptop, or any gadget that runs on an operating system, it is subjected to risks such as viruses, worms, ransomware, data leakage, cyber threats, and many more.
It is crucial to be aware of all exposures we have, explore our vulnerabilities, and take immediate steps to guard against such risks. After all, who wants to risk their credibility and lose everything that they have been working towards? If your device gets corrupted, you may face many losses:
- Financial loss
- Credibility loss
- Data loss
- Breach of confidentiality
- Legal repercussions, and many more.
It is high time to alert yourself and take the necessary steps to end any exposure we may be missing out on.
Top 11 Malwarebytes Alternatives of 2024:
1. Avira Free Security
Avira Free Security is an award-winning, popular security program that can readily stand up to be a Malwarebytes alternative. It acts as an anti-malware program and offers privacy and performance tools, such as a password manager, free VPN, driver updater, and many more features. It is top-rated spyware, adware, and ransomware.
Pros of Avira:
- Offers feature such as web protection, superior detection, repair capabilities, online privacy, etc.
- Its German origin not only offers incredible, state-of-the-art security capabilities, but it also abstains from tracking, and sharing your confidential information with third parties.
- Uses the latest cloud technology to offer the fastest and most reliable real-time scanning and data safeguarding.
- The cloud system can also detect Zero-Day attacks, cyber-attacks, and other types of crimes.
- Avira is rated 4.8 out of 5 stars by TechSpot.
Cons of Avira:
- Compared to its free version, the paid version appears rather less attractive if you look at its accessible features.
- All in all, if you are alright with the free limits, Avira is a good choice.
- However, the free version lacks web protection ability.
Avira Free Security program includes all the free tools in one tool. But, Avira Internet Security costs $5.99 per month, while Avira Antivirus Pro costs $44.99 per year. It is rated 4.8 out of 5 stars by TechSpot.
2. Avast! Antivirus
The Avast! Antivirus is an anti-malware program that runs on Windows. If you are looking for free Malwarebytes software, you can always opt for Avast! Free Antivirus. It offers abilities of password management, home network security, and machine-learning virus protection.
Pros of Avast! Antivirus:
- It is available for Windows, macOS, and Android.
- Easy to install and offers a free download.
- Acts as an anti-ransomware and an intelligent antivirus.
- Often known as the next-gen cybersecurity program.
- Renowned by PC Mag as the Editor’s Choice and as Top Security Product 2020 by AV-Comparatives.
Cons of Avast! Antivirus:
- The free version of Avast doesn’t let you avoid fake sites, run suspicious apps, stop webcam spying, block spam and phishing emails, and automatically install and update apps.
- Also, the free version does not offer an advanced firewall.
Avast! Antivirus Pricing:
The Premium Security is available at $34.99/year and $44.99/year for single-device and multiple devices. The Ultimate version costs $99/year that supports a PC and includes Avast Cleanup Premium and Avast SecureLine VPN.
3. AVG Antivirus
Often emails contain spam or unsafe links. It is one of the prime functions of anti-malware to protect you from exposure to an unsafe link in the mail. Malwarebytes alternative software such as AVG Antivirus protect you when you click such links and attachments. It also acts as an active antivirus, protecting your PC using advanced technology. It is available for Windows PC.
Pros of AVG Antivirus:
- The free version offers basic protection to your PC.
- Protects your PC, your mail, privacy, and payments and keeps you away from hacker attacks.
- Also, offers a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are genuinely dissatisfied with any of its guaranteed features and services.
- Provides a one-time subscription, which means you pay and you forget. You do not have to update it every time. The security gets automatically updated.
- It is rated 4.8 out of 5 by CNET Editor’s Rating system and 5 on 5 by Softpedia Editor’s Review.
Cons of AVG Antivirus:
- For advanced protection of your PC, you will have to resort to AVG Internet Security Unlimited instead of its freemium version, AVG Antivirus Free.
- It does not offer complete protection against phishing attacks.
- Scans are rather slow.
AVG Antivirus Pricing:
The Unlimited subscription will cost $34.99 per year.
Also Read: How Do I Do Maintenance on My Computer?
4. Hitman Pro
As a Malwarebytes competitor, HitmanPro is yet another free alternative to Malwarebytes available for Windows. It offers unlimited scanning, well-known to be one of the portable anti-malware software that aims to detect and remove trojans, viruses, malicious codes, and worms. It is anti-spyware and anti-adware that protects your files and systems from all kinds of malware.
Pros of Hitman Pro:
- It is lightweight and efficient to clean all kinds of malware, ransomware, trojans, etc.
- The free trial period lasts for 30 days.
- You do not have to install the program. Simply run it. It is only 10MB and thus, really small.
- Scans and cleans deeply after cleaning itself.
- Offers safety, and privacy and protects your data and confidential information from third parties.
- Does not install any unwanted apps, advertising programs, or toolbars, unlike other software.
- Protects against data theft, phishing, and all kinds of exploits.
- It is rated 4.2 out of 5 by G2.
Cons of Hitman Pro:
- You will have to switch to the paid version to enjoy its advanced utility.
Hitman Pro Pricing:
HitmanPro Alert will cost you $39 per year.
5. Norton Antivirus
Norton Antivirus is anti-malware antivirus software that can be considered another alternative to Malwarebytes. It uses signature and heuristics to recognize viruses and protects your system and VPN from kinds of threats. It offers digital security, identity theft protection, and a secured VPN for online privacy.
Pros of Norton Antivirus:
- Simple and easy to install. There will be no complications or confusion while installing and using the software.
- Reasonably priced.
- Quick and efficient to detect and work against malware.
Cons of Norton Antivirus:
- The UI is rumored to be not so user-friendly.
- It lags a while during scanning the whole system.
Norton Antivirus Pricing:
The Norton 360 Premium I can protect up to 10 devices at a time and can cost you $49.99/year.
Spybot is a Search and Destroy Malwarebytes alternative, which is available in both free and premium versions. It scans your computer’s hard disk and your RAM for any antivirus or malicious software and removes it. Capterra considers it the best endpoint protection support solution, helping you personally and your business, irrespective of the business size.
Pros of SpyBot:
- Spybot is a Malwarebytes alternative for Windows that acts as a file analyzer, end detection tool, secured shredder, and rootkit scanner.
- It is free and powerful. If you mean to use a free alternative to Malwarebytes, you can rely on Spybot.
- Has numerous updates that make it easy and efficient to run. It also offers advanced tools and technology to users like yourself.
Cons of SpyBot:
- Not all the tools are available for free. To access all, you will have to purchase the paid version.
You can fetch the Corporate edition at $29/year and the Technician edition at $49.99 per year.
7. Kaspersky Endpoint Security
The best security makes life easier. Kaspersky Endpoint Security is an endpoint product that offers endpoint security, providing the best cyber security with any Malwarebytes alternative could offer. It is all-in-one, simple-to-use security for your business and cares for all IT-related risks.
Pros of Kaspersky Endpoint Security:
- It provides an inbuilt firewall system.
- The premium security features include parental control, secure connection through its VPN, and online payment protection.
- TrustRadius gives 8.9 out of 10 stars for its excellent antivirus protection and software deployment.
Cons of Kaspersky Endpoint Security:
- There is neither any free trial nor free edition that’s available in the market.
- There are premium consulting or integration services.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security Pricing:
The Essential Suite package is the most economical and available at $29.99 per month, while the Premium Suite costs $49.99 per month.
8. Sophos Intercept X: NextGen Endpoint
Number one rated endpoint protection software, Sophos Intercept X Endpoint is a Malwarebytes free alternative that stands out in the list. It is technologically advanced and AI-based. Its excellent features include Deep learning technology, active adversary mitigation, escape detection, Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), and Extended Detection and Response (XDR). Sophos Intercept X: NextGen Endpoint is the 2021 edition that provides you with a flexible cloud-based admin, an automated malware cleanup, and a comprehensive suite of Endpoint protection technology.
Pros of Sophos Intercept X: NextGen Endpoint:
- It is easily deployable software and avails easy updates.
- Its anti-ransomware feature includes the file protection, automatic file recovery, and behavioral analysis. It enables stopping ransomware and booting record attacks.
- Denies attackers by blocking exploits and practices, such as stealing credentials or distributing malware.
- Its central management helps to manage EDR, XDR, and other Sophos solutions.
- Offers synchronized security features wherein all data are shared and provides response actions.
- TrustRadius gives it an 8.8 out of a 10-star review.
- It also offers a free trial.
Cons of Sophos Intercept X: NextGen Endpoint:
- The initial setup could be patience-testing. Just go with the default setting, and you will be fine.
- UI could be a tad cumbersome. Its GUI is not simple.
Sophos Intercept X: NextGen Endpoint Pricing:
You will have to give your email credentials to see through its free trial and pricing details. Security experts will help you request a quote.
One of the best-in-class threat prevention Malwarebytes alternative software, Bitdefender, is quite popular in the market. It follows three protocols- threat prevention, detection, and providing response solutions worldwide. You can set it up for a home, or business and integrate it for multiple services. It is an award-winning cyber security software package with corporates, business partners, and service providers.
Pros of Bitdefender:
- This antivirus is rated 4.5 by Techradar.
- Stacked with a ‘n’ number of features, such as the vulnerability scan, spam filter, parental controls, firewall, etc.
- Provides accurate malware-blocking.
- Easy to use and operate.
- Ideally considered to be an effective and multilayered anti-malware and anti-ransomware program.
- It is the best antivirus for Windows and Android.
- Offers a 30-day free trial period.
Cons of Bitdefender:
- Its free edition does not have complete tools to protect against some critical ransomware.
- Has minor ransomware cleanup issues.
The Bitdefender antivirus protection for Windows will cost you $29.99 for one year and $62.99 if you opt for a two-year plan. The latter will accommodate up to three devices at a time.
Also Check: LastPass Alternatives (Free, Open Source)
Emsisoft is a reliable Malwarebytes alternative that offers a complete antivirus solution against all threats to your security system. It protects against viruses and malware using personalized services and experts from their hired team. It goes through four comprehensive steps:
- The dual-engine scanner scans the entire system in a matter of minutes and uses smart cleaning technology.
- Next is to make sure you are protected fully.
- Protects your browser and provides security and guards your privacy.
- Provides real-time File-Guard protection to check downloaded and modified files using the AI-based dual-engine scanner.
- The Behavior Blocker is another AI-supported measure that blocks anything suspicious and raises alerts.
- Stops ransomware before anything gets encrypted or corrupted.
- The Emsisoft Management Console controls everything- secures devices, protects users, and resolves issues.
Pros of Emsisoft:
- You do not have to install the software to scan and clean your PC for malware.
- It is fast, intuitive, and manages everything in control using smart MSPs.
- It uses human expertise to hear your queries and resolve your issue.
- Cloud Console allows complete remote management.
- You get a 30-day free trial period before you decide to buy.
Cons of Emsisoft:
- Cloud consoles could be complex.
- No complete protection from phishing for all browsers.
You can get the Emsisoft Enterprise Security at $29.99 and enjoy the package for a whole year.
11. Panda Cloud Antivirus
Panda Cloud Antivirus is one of the free alternatives to Malwarebytes, which has a premium version too. It is cloud-based, wherein files and data are scanned on a remote backend server without relying on the machine’s processing power. Naturally, its cloud is backed by Panda’s Collective intelligence.
Pros of Panda Cloud Antivirus:
- It is available on Windows, Mac, and Android.
- Also, its interface is quite appealing and intuitive.
- Has a free trial period.
- It is rated 4 stars by Capterra.
- Offers cool features such as activity tracking, behavioral analysis, device management, signature matching, threat management, and whitelisting/blacklisting.
- Provides multiple tools, including the Process Monitor diagnostics tool.
Cons of Panda Cloud Antivirus:
- Not very good in the configuration department.
- It distinguishes false positives at times.
Panda Cloud Antivirus Pricing:
The advanced plan costs $28.49. You can also opt for the Essential package which costs $23.99. The latter does not provide parental control and protection against advanced threats.
- Best Firewalls for Small Businesses (Read Industry-Experts’ Advice)
- How Can You Protect Your Small Business against Cyber Attacks?
- Best WordPress Security Plugins
- What Are SSL Certificates and Why Are They Important?
With the above 11 alternatives to Malwarebytes, you can compare the features, prices, ratings, pros, and cons, and make a smart decision for yourself. Remember to protect yourself anyway and anyhow.
Who are Malwarebytes competitors?
There are several alternatives to Malwarebytes, such as Bitdefender, Avira, Kaspersky, and many more. Some are free Malwarebytes alternatives too.
Is there anything better than Malwarebytes?
You can opt for Bitdefender if you are looking for a better Malwarebytes alternative for your business. Suppose you want for home usage, Avast! Antivirus is always reliable.
Is Bitdefender better than Malwarebytes?
When it comes to protection against malware, detecting the same, along with additional features, such as firewall, fire shredding, password management, system optimization, and many more. If dissatisfied, it guarantees a 30-day money-back.
Is Malwarebytes good anymore?
Malwarebytes is a popular option when it comes to looking for antivirus and anti-malware. Sadly, when it comes to malware detection, it is no longer top-rated in 2024. It is good for you if you are a beginner or non-tech savvy.
Which is better: Spybot or Malwarebytes?
When it comes to advanced features, Spybot definitely beats Malwarebytes with the gruesome, awesome tools that it has to offer in 20242. However, G2 compares the two and considers Malwarebytes ideal for the mid-market segment while Spybot is for the small business segment. Also, the former offers a free trial, unlike Spybot. You can conclude that Malwarebytes is more popular in the market.
Is Avira better than Malwarebytes?
Avira could be said to be a better anti-malware owing to its intuitive and customer-attractive features when it comes to security optimization. Avira offers protection against viruses and internet security as well as provides additional features such as a firewall and email scanning. But, both offer free trials and have a similar price range.