FreshBooks is a popular accounting tool that provides a range of fruitful functions for freelancers, and small and medium-sized businesses. Since it is a cloud-based platform, you don’t need to install it on your PC. You can use all of its features using your web browsers like Chrome, Opera, Safari, and Firefox.
Features of FreshBooks:
- A responsive interface that helps you to manage your accounts on any device
- Cloud-based storage provides tighter security to manage financial data
- Industry-standard double-entry accounting system for consent
- Automatic tax calculation
- Seamless payment and quick invoicing and support
Drawbacks of FreshBooks:
- Relatively expensive if you are billing many clients
- You might not need all features
- Starts at $15 per month for five clients
Here Are the 12 Freshbooks Alternatives with Similar or More Features:
ZarMoney is a cloud accounting software that is also scalable, making it one of the best replacements for Freshbooks. It’s great for entrepreneurs, small businesses, and enterprises alike. It automates your invoicing and comes integrated with a flexible billing system. You can generate accurate invoices using information stored on your online database with just a few clicks. Email the invoices to your customers and enable them to pay online through the ‘Pay Now’ button.
The software also has over 900 bank connections and accepts payment by credit or debit through PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.Net, and more. So, you can go global without fearing payment limitations. Try it out for free before you buy it. ZarMoney also offers a free demo where the company’s representative will call you and run you through it so you can make the most of its customizable features.
Why use ZarMoney instead of FreshBooks?
- Professional quotes and estimates
- Automatic invoicing
- Multichannel payment options
- Accept prepayments
- Status updates for customer
- Effective purchase order management
- Automated sales tax calculation
- Accurate income statement
- 24/7 access to accounts and database
- Complete financial reports
Another trusted FreshBooks alternative, OutInvoice, is the invoicing software best suited for small businesses and freelancers to create or make a professional invoice. You can send the invoices in a single click and get paid in seconds. The software is packed with fully functional features and is known for being the best online invoicing tool for convenient and straightforward functionalities. It can be the best alternative to FreshBooks for small businesses.
Why use OutInvoice instead of FreshBooks?
- Multiple members profile
- Manage multiple businesses
- Send invoices faster
- Accept online payments
- Saves credit card details
- Keeps invoices status in check
- Generate reports for each invoice
- Suitable for small businesses and freelancers
- Inclusive support through email
- Keep track of overdue, void, and paid invoices or receipt
OutInvoice allows you to create multiple member profiles to manage your account. It is automated software where you can monitor the overdue, void, and paid invoices or receipts. You can create a distinct invoice account for multiple businesses and monitor the status of all your business with a single account.
This online invoicing software removes the hassles of manual work and creates professional invoices, which are delivered to the designated clients in a few seconds. It also saves the credit card details of your recurring clients. The repetitive clients get approval in a single click. You can monitor the cash flow of your business as this software tracks and manages the payment of each invoice. It also generates visual reports of the invoices that help to manage the finances.
What are you waiting for? Start with a 30-day FREE trial Now! No credit card is required.
Also, OutInvoice offers multiple online payment options like Stripe or PayPal in one click. It lets your client pay directly from the invoice without visiting the banks and queues. Also, it saves time with online payment and removes the confusion about the payment details.
OutInvoice offers two subscription plans:
- Monthly: It costs $6/month and provides unlimited users and business, no transaction fees, and unlimited invoices.
- Yearly: It costs $60 /month and provides unlimited users and business, no transaction fees, and unlimited invoices.
If you need an online system for managing your business finance, Indy is an excellent alternative to some of the mainstream options like Freshbooks. Their invoice templates provide a free, clear method of producing invoices to a professional standard. The broad collection of available templates means that you can quickly find one suited to your organization. All of the templates are easily customized, thereby saving you time and ultimately, money. Furthermore, Indy’s invoice tool means that you can manage and generate your invoices simply and without needing to be a financial expert.
Why use Indy for invoicing instead of Freshbooks?
- Quick to produce invoices
- User-friendly online invoice tool
- A clear system that is straightforward to navigate
- Free access to excellent templates
Indy offers two plans:
- Free: The plan has limited features and it doesn’t require a credit card to sign up.
- Pro Bundle: It costs $9/m and provides unlimited access to the Indy platform. And if you choose the annual billing option, you will be charged $6.75/m only.
4. Zoho Books
Zoho Books is the best FreshBooks replacement that provides the most substantial accounting and invoicing features. It is solely made for small and medium business owners, freelancers, and sole proprietors. Zoho Books has the features to create, manage, send and monitor invoices from the same platform. It also supports multilingual customized invoices along with multicurrency. This sophisticated system allows you to generate forms and create invoices, build taxes and tax groups, upload customized templates and logos, personalize email users, and more. It can be the best alternative for FreshBooks.
Why use Zoho Books instead of FreshBooks?
- Contact Management
- Invoice templates
- Record Management
- Task and Project time tracking
- Multilingual support( supports ten other languages other than the English language)
- Automates Bank
- Provides open API for seamless integrations
- Responsive apps
The Zoho Books functions and features allow you to add your business logo, change the font and size, and add branding to any invoice. If you are confused about creating an invoice, it creates an estimate for your customer and later converts it to your invoice. And if the payment is past due based on the set terms and conditions, Zoho Books will automatically send multiple reminders to your customer. Moreover, if you have a repetitive customer each month, you can create recurring invoices and remove the tedious work of creating the same thing repeatedly.
Along with the best and excellent invoicing, it includes a customer portal, time-tracking capabilities, bank details, connectivity, sales, and other tons of modules that expand the software’s functionality.
Zoho Books comes with three plans:
- Basic: It supports two users and costs $9/month.
- Standard: It supports up to 3 users and costs $19/month.
- Professional: It supports ten users and costs $29/month.
5. Sage Intacct
Sage Intacct is an excellent alternative to FreshBooks as its features are moving up from basic and mid-market systems. It offers a responsive browser for Android and iOS devices. The accounting software provides flexible quote-based pricing plans that are suitable for organizations of any size. It provides basic accounting features like accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger, and supports multicurrency. Also, It has the workflow functionality features like automated journal entries, trial balances, and bank reconciliation.
Why use Sage Intacct instead of FreshBooks?
- The seller has a strong track record
- Flexible cost and system requirements
- Broad core accounting capabilities
- Safe, Secure, and fast processing
- Responsive and user-friendly
- Simple and clean interface
- User limitations
InvoiceBerry is online invoicing software like FreshBooks that permits you to generate, send and manage invoices within seconds. It lets you download, email, or post invoices directly from your account. It can be used by people with business types like web designers, small and medium-sized businesses, freelancers, creatives, musicians, the entertainment sector, and more. InvoiceBerry is the free FreshBooks alternative for small businesses. Its free plan manages to give up to 3 clients. It gives integration with Stripe.
Why use InvoiceBerry instead of FreshBooks?
- Appealing Dashboard with all crucial pieces of information on a single page
- Saves time by creating invoices, quotes on go
- Set up recurring invoices, 15 different invoice templates
- Keep track of all your expenses, sort expenses by categories
- Bringing out the most information like Tax, Payments, and Expenses together
- Allows multiple users to work together
- Add clients and item descriptions in the second
Being the perfect FreshBooks alternative, Invoicely is a recommendable choice for freelancers and small businesses. It comes with an accounting and billing timer. It generates and sends thank you notes and reminder emails automatically. You can easily customize your invoices and excite your clients with professional-looking invoices. Create new invoices and set options like taxes, currency, shipping, discounts, offers, language, notes, and more.
Why use Invoicely instead of FreshBooks?
- Simplified online invoicing service
- Simple to use interface
- Professional looking invoices
- Adjustable pricing plans
- Hook up your application with API
- News, thoughts, and inspirational reading
- Watch invoices in action
- Easy way to manage, create and send invoices
Harvest is the best alternative to FreshBooks with a 4.5-star rating on GetApp. It makes Harvest one of the top-rated time tracking and online invoicing software with the fastest speed required for billing. Harvest supports Google Apps integration. It is a simple tool that analyzes billable and non-billable time and runs reports for specific times, staff, and projects.
Why use Harvest instead of FreshBooks?
- Time Tracking
- Report generation and analysis
- Tracked invoices and expenses
- Easy payment with the integration of PayPal and Stripe
- Streamline and optimize your workflow
- Save time and works efficiently with many integrations
- Visual reports help to support your team
- It gives immediate and actionable insight
9. Wave Financial
Yet another FreshBooks competitor, Wave Financial is the trusted online invoicing and accounting software for businesses with few staff members, real estate agents, freelancers, and more. It has the features like customizable invoices, credit payment terms, accounting, and payroll, all up to date. Its most prominent feature is that it helps to calculate taxes automatically. Its drawback is that it does not offer an audit trail which makes it difficult to fix mistakes.
Why use Wave Financial instead of FreshBooks?
- It is best suited for small businesses, freelancers, entrepreneurs, and consultants.
- User-friendly Dashboard
- Tracks the invoice status
- Easy payments
- Easy expense tracking
- Bank connections and receipt scanning tools
- Accept payments through credit cards for more convenience and reliability
- Automatic invoicing and billing
- It saves time and cost
Additionally, invoicing in Wave is just automatic and sound, but it is a little better than FreshBooks. It allows you to create a customizable invoice the way you want, or feel free to use included templates for immediate invoicing. It also allows you to upload receipts from your mobile phone to access and buy its features from anywhere, and it also makes expense tracking easy.
Wave accounting is entirely free, with fees charged if you choose wave payments or wave payroll to use. Wave payroll charges about a $35 base fee plus a $4 per active employee fee for full-service payroll, with an additional $20/month self-service charge.
10. QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online is an accounting and bookkeeping alternative to FreshBooks for all sizes of businesses. It comes with responsive options and runs on Windows or Mac operating systems to control the user’s outlook. QuickBooks processes business trend reports, and manages everything in one place, from creating invoices, emailing invoices, monitoring and tracking the receivables, sending payment reminders, payment receipts, creating repetitive invoices, and more. It is named the best FreshBooks alternative by providing easy access to business reports, real-time insights, balance sheets, a graphical view of cash flow, and controls the user’s outlook. It would be best if you upgraded monthly packages to see unique features.
Why use QuickBooks instead of FreshBooks?
- Customize email templates
- Check bounce checks
- Overview Calendar, time tracking
- Can add multiple attachments
- Simplified clients details and forms, online payment
- Comprehensive support through phone, tickets, and email
- Track bounced checks
- Generate profit/loss statements
- Accessible offline
- User-friendly and easy to use
- Customize reports and organize them
Xero is a FreshBooks competitor that provides support and security for business growth. It lets you manage cash flow and connect with the customers automatically. It also provides other additional features like CRM, inventory, timesheets, and job management for smooth day-to-day working. Similarly, it has unique features like bank feeds to import, and categorize bank statements, and credit cards, and give PayPal information automatically. It accepts multicurrency to provide convenient exchange rates. It is mobile-friendly and gives recent free versions to the customers automatically. Xero provides financial collaboration and uses 475,000 business and sole accounts all over. Previously, it was created to help small businesses manage financial activities smoothly.
Why use Xero Books instead of FreshBooks?
- Easy setup
- Simplified payments and transactions
- Simple and user friendly
- Efficiently manages a high number of invoices, bills, and quotes
- Multicurrency functionalities and payroll
- Partnership with some accounting systems and third-party apps for more features and functionalities
- Stock management and enhanced inventory
- Overview of the complete financial health
Xero has other capabilities, including excellent invoicing, project management, and exemplary client and supplier management. Xero right now offers three plans:
- Early: It is suitable for freelancers and runs $9/month.
- Growing: It is suitable for small businesses and runs $30/month.
- Established: It is applicable for growing businesses that run $60/month.
- Start a Xero free trial to see applications and features before buying.
Invoicera is one of the best Freshbooks alternatives for freelancers, small business owners, and enterprises. It is provided with unique invoicing features for fast payment and processing. It is combined with 30 online payment gateway solutions to manage global customers. No additional cost and software installation is required. This online invoicing software easily meets the functional requirement of its domain. To choose it for your business, give it a try with an unlimited 30-day free trial. It is built for the convenience of users. It integrates seamless payment, automates the invoices, and saves time, cost and effort.
Why use Invoicera instead of FreshBooks?
- Time Tracking
- Expense Management
- Auto billing
- Staff Management
- Multi-business management
- Fasten Approval Process
- Software Customization
- Pre-designed templates
- Invoice template customization
- Invoice App
- IaaS vs. PaaS vs. SaaS: Which Cloud Strategy Is Right
- How Do You Develop a Financial App?
- How to Setup an eCommerce Store from Home
These are the top 12 FreshBooks alternatives available in online invoicing software. Every invoicing software apart from its basics has the best and unique features attached to it. Every software aims to make business easy and convenient for customers. They provide employee management, task and project management, and client and vendor relationship management. After having appropriate knowledge of the required software for your business, do not forget to try the free trial version and choose the one that best suits your business.